Nomura Research Institute America, Inc.
Personal Data Protection Statement
- We shall observe designated internal rules for the collection, use and provision of appropriate personal data in accordance with the content and scale of each service.
- We shall develop and employ measures to prevent unauthorized access to personal data, including measures to prevent the loss, destruction, alteration, and/or leakage of personal data in the possession of NRI. Furthermore, in the event that tampering of said data should occur, corrective measures shall be promptly implemented.
- We shall observe all laws, ordinances and standards concerning personal data.
- We shall continually improve the systems utilized for personal data management.
Upon specifying the purposes for use to the maximum extent possible, the NRI Group shall use personal data within the framework of the following purposes, except in cases in which the prior consent of the relevant person was obtained and in which the handling of said personal data is permitted as exceptional cases by the Law Concerning the Protection of Personal Information and/or other applicable laws and ordinances.
- Providing NRI Group’s products and services, such as research activities, consulting services (concerning management, business operations, information systems, etc.), development and operation of information systems and computer network systems, information processing services, content services and information provision services.
- Delivery of our publications such as Chiteki Shisan Sozo (Knowledge Creation and Integration), Mirai Sohatsu, Gijutsu Sohatsu (NRI Information Technology Report), IT Soryushon Frontia (IT Solutions Frontier), etc.
- Providing information about new products and services
- Providing notifications of our company’s latest information, various seminars and exhibitions
- Sending questionnaires on customer satisfaction, etc.
- Implementing marketing and promotional campaigns
- Management of contracts with customers
- Management of information on stockholders
- Employment (including recruiting) and personnel affairs management
If the need arises to use personal data for purposes other than those specified above, consent of the relevant person shall be obtained for said purpose, except in cases in which the prior consent of the person was obtained or in which the handling of said personal data is permitted as an exceptional case by the Law Concerning the Protection of Personal Information and/or other applicable laws and ordinances.
The NRI Group may use a contractor to implement part of a service and may disclose personal data within the necessary range to such contractor. In this case, the NRI Group shall implement appropriate management in accordance with law and the standards determined by the NRI Group.
Disclosure to Third Parties
The NRI Group shall not provide or disclose personal data collected by the NRI Group to any third party, except in cases where any of the following applies:
- When consent of the relevant person is obtained
- When said information is necessary to protect the life, limb, or property of a person and when it is difficult to obtain consent of the relevant person
- Otherwise, when the disclosure or provision of said information is required by law or ordinance
Disclosure, Correction and Discontinuation of Use of Entered Contents
At the request of the relevant person, the NRI Group shall disclose personal data to the person as long as proper implementation of our business activities is not hindered. In this case, we shall confirm the identity of the person by the method prescribed by the NRI Group.
If erroneous content is included in the disclosed personal data, the NRI Group shall immediately correct such content. In addition, if the relevant person requests discontinuation of the use of the personal data of said person, we shall immediately discontinue such use.
SSL data encryption technology is used as a security measure to prevent interception on the network when personal data is provided on the website.
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a common protocol used as a security measure for communication on the website. It prevents the interception of data by encrypting it before it is sent over the Internet.
Although the NRI Group shall make utmost efforts in the management of personal data, we are unable to fully guarantee the secrecy of personal data because of the nature of the Internet and e-mail. Due consideration should be given to this point in the use of websites and e-mail.
Nomura Research Institute America, Inc.